How Clinical Communication and Collaboration Technology Supports Value-Based Care Objectives, an eBook
Healthcare communication technology for transformation
In the transition to value-based care, healthcare delivery organizations are faced with meeting two demanding goals: control costs and improve care quality.
Get this eBook to learn how clinical communication and collaboration technology provides the foundation for realizing value-based care objectives, including:
- Care coordination
- Responsiveness to patient experience
- Moderating labor costs from staffing adjustments.
Your hospital or health system is looking to healthcare communication technology to bridge the gap between rising costs and value-based care objectives. You must prioritize IT investments thoughtfully.
At the same time, healthcare is changing from fee-for-service to an emphasis on care coordination across providers, facilities and timespans. A transformation at this scale cannot happen with a piecemeal approach to problem solving.
Clinical communication and collaboration systems for coordination among clinicians and staff should take priority among new IT investments for healthcare organizations preparing to meet value-based care objectives, according to a Gartner analysis of healthcare IT investment strategies.
See specifically how healthcare communication technology can provide enterprise-wide situational awareness and resource orchestration, in real time by:
- Streamlining care coordination among providers inside and outside your facility
- Enabling greater responsiveness without expanding workload
- Cutting the high cost of staffing adjustments
- Providing a single-platform communication and collaboration solution for ease-of-use and improved ROI.
Complete the form to get your eBook now.