LiveProcess Delivers on CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule for Long-Term Care
Focus on continuity of operations in healthcareWhen the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule on comprehensive emergency preparedness, many requirements previously limited to hospitals expanded to encompass long-term care (LTC) facilities, including skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and nursing homes, with some critical differences. LTC facilities are expected to:
- Develop an emergency plan based on an all-hazards risk assessment.
- Establish policies and procedures that ensure the continuity of care and essential services, and track patients’ location both during and after an emergency.
- Create a communication plan to coordinate care and communicate within the facility, with public health departments and emergency management agencies, and with families or representatives of residents.
- Test the plan and train staff by conducting drills and identifying areas for improvement. Training can be facilitated by partnering with a healthcare system.
Ensure compliance and continuity of operations with LiveProcessLiveProcess capabilities help LTC facilities comply with each element of the final rule. For example:
- HVA templates help assess readiness across multiple incident categories. Customizable templates allow each LTC facility to account for unique needs.
- A trusted central source for all documentation ensures all users have the most recent information, and reports can be rolled up to collaborate with healthcare or agency partners.
- Notification groups can be statically or dynamically created, allowing LTC facilities to share appropriate levels and types of information with staff, agencies, residents and families.
- Multi-modal, multi-way communication allows communication via SMS, email, fax, pager or voice, as the individual chooses, with built-in multilingual translation.
- Message tracking displays and records receipt and response to mass notifications and individual messages, to confirm delivery.
- 24×7 support and ease of use for drills, emergencies and routine operations ensure your long-term care facility is prepared, so your staff can be, calm and confident.
To keep reading, please fill out this short form