LiveProcess Delivers on CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule for Long-Term Care
Focus on continuity of operations in healthcare
When the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule on comprehensive emergency preparedness, many requirements previously limited to hospitals expanded to encompass long-term care (LTC) facilities, including skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and nursing homes, with some critical differences. LTC facilities are expected to:
- Develop an emergency plan based on an all-hazards risk assessment.
- Establish policies and procedures that ensure the continuity of care and essential services, and track patients’ location both during and after an emergency.
- Create a communication plan to coordinate care and communicate within the facility, with public health departments and emergency management agencies, and with families or representatives of residents.
- Test the plan and train staff by conducting drills and identifying areas for improvement. Training can be facilitated by partnering with a healthcare system.
Meet communication and collaboration needs with LiveProcess
Many LTC facilities may have emergency preparedness plans in place that address provisions for patient care. The final rule adds a requirement for a communication plan to maintain contact and share information both within the facility and with relevant local, state, regional and federal emergency management agencies.
Ensure compliance and continuity of operations with LiveProcess
LiveProcess capabilities help LTC facilities comply with each element of the final rule. For example:
- HVA templates help assess readiness across multiple incident categories. Customizable templates allow each LTC facility to account for unique needs.
- A trusted central source for all documentation ensures all users have the most recent information, and reports can be rolled up to collaborate with healthcare or agency partners.
- Notification groups can be statically or dynamically created, allowing LTC facilities to share appropriate levels and types of information with staff, agencies, residents and families.
- Multi-modal, multi-way communication allows communication via SMS, email, fax, pager or voice, as the individual chooses, with built-in multilingual translation.
- Message tracking displays and records receipt and response to mass notifications and individual messages, to confirm delivery.
- 24×7 support and ease of use for drills, emergencies and routine operations ensure your long-term care facility is prepared, so your staff can be, calm and confident.
Complete the form to get the brief, LiveProcess Delivers on CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule for Long-Term Care, and learn more about how LiveProcess Emergency Manager aligns with the CMS emergency preparedness final ruling.